Department of Paediatrics
The Department of Paediatrics, KMC&H, Guntur, is primarily concerned with the delivery of healthcare to children who come to Katuri Hospital and to train undergraduate and postgraduate students. Clinical activities related to in-patient and out-patient care include the newborn nursery. In addition to diagnosing and treating serious and complicated illnesses, encompassing the various subspecialties of Paediatrics, it has expanded the area under preventive and rehabilitative services.
The department works in close collaboration with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pediatric Surgery, Cardiothoracic surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, Urology, Oncology and, Gastroenterology and other specialties. A number of extension programs such as school health are also going on in the outlying areas and form an important part of the departmental activities.
The department has adequate infrastructure and facilities including air-conditioned classrooms, overhead projectors for the training of undergraduate and postgraduate students. Undergraduate training involves lectures, bedside clinics, tutorials, seminars and encouragement to participate in research work. Regular assessment is done in the form of case presentation and write-ups, end posting examination, sectional exams at the end of each semester. Postgraduate training involves, case presentations, grand rounds, bedside teaching seminars, journal club, thesis presentations. They are encouraged to attend conferences and CME’s. They are regularly assessed in theory as well as in clinical setting. The MBBS and postgraduate courses (MD and DCH) are MCI recognized.
- MCI-Recognised PG course.
- Excellent structures, processes, outcomes related to both treating and teaching domains.
- Deals with all kinds of Childhood illnesses
- Comprehensive healthcare for diseased children with long term follow up of chronic cases of childhood ailments.
- Preventive and health promotive activities
- 24 x 7 intensive monitoring of sick children
- Neonatal ICUs/Paediatric ICUs
- Specialty Clinics: Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatric Nephrology, Paediatric Endocrine, Paediatric Haemato Oncology, Paediatric Gastroenterology, Paediatric Neurology, Newborn High risk Clinic, Well baby Clinic, Immunization, Paediatric Asthma, Thalassemia
- Best infrastructure and experienced faculty profile
- Curriculum designed to prepare not only compassionate, caring and competent Paediatricians but also to promote and prepare them for higher educations
- Community and social Paediatrics
- Orientation to and promotion of research activities.
ABOUT THE AREA OF STUDY
Paediatrics (also spelled Pediatrics) is the branch of medicine that deals with the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents, and the age limit usually ranges from birth up to 18 (in some places until completion of secondary education, and until age 21 in the United States).
|S.No.||Topic||First Author||Name of indexed/national journals with ISSN No.|
|1||Study Of Tuberculin Skin Test Conversion, And Bcg Vaccine Scar In Infants Given Bcg At Birth
|Dr.K.Nageswara Rao||Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences (SJAMS)
|2||Clinical Profile Of Scorpion Sting Envenomation In Children||Dr.K.Nageswara Rao|| International Journal of Contemporary Pediatrics