Department of DERMATOLOGY, VENEREOLOGY & LEPROSY
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy P.G. course was started in the year 2010. The department is involved in patient care, teaching and research. It is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as lasers for cosmetic problems, Immunofluorescence as a diagnostic tool and phototherapy chambers.
The department routinely carries out dermatologic and cosmetic procedures such as such as biopsies, skin grafting, cryotherapy, electrocautery, chemical peels.
Research, especially in the field of Immunofluorescence, phototherapy and contact dermatitis, is constantly carried out. The department regularly conducts psychodermatology clinics with clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Excellent infrastructure with experienced staff who are constantly honing their skills by conducting and attending novel CMEs.
- Well-equipped attached laboratory with specialised equipment like UVA & UVB Phototherapy chambers, Targeted phototherapy, Immunofluorescence microscope, Iontophoresis, dermatoscope and facilities for patch and photopatch testing.
- Access to immediate diagnostic tests like skin biopsy, Direct & Indirect Immunofluorescence
- Skin Laser centre with facilities for hair removal, scar treatment, tattoo removal, skin tightening, and mole removal.
- Performance of highly specialized procedures like vitiligo surgeries, punch grafting, platelet rich plasma (PRP) for leg ulcers
- Excellent patient care
- Thorough and comprehensive UG & PG teaching with emphasis on clinical case presentation scenarios
- Curriculum is designed to facilitate students in pursuing higher education.
ABOUT THE AREA OF STUDY
Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy deals with diagnosis and management of skin diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, leprosy as well as skin manifestations of internal diseases.